Social scientists have been sifting through the data to see if there are any common traits that points to a recipe for raising successful children. The parent factor plays an impactful role. Here is the summary of the common traits found..
1. They make their kids do chores.
2. They teach their kids social skills.
3. They have high expectations.
4. They have healthy relationships with each other.
5. They've attained higher educational levels.
6. They teach their kids math early on.
7. They develop a relationship with their kids.
8. They're less stressed.
9. They value effort over avoiding failure.
10. The moms work.
11. They have a higher socioeconomic status.
12: They are 'authoritative' rather than 'authoritarian' or 'permissive.'
13: They teach 'grit.'
This list seems to underscore the power of modeling. Lots of learning takes place from the daily engagements with our family. The Biblical made found in Deuteronomy 6
4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
Get further details here.